If your garden is no longer producing fresh herbs, today’s your lucky day because Gourmet Garden, maker of amazingly tasty and convenient squeezable herb products, is providing five lucky Appetite for Health readers with a cooler full of their herb tubes (each a $60 value)! You’ll want to get in on this contest—fresh herb season is fleeting for many of us—and so is this offer! See the entry details below.
I have been of Gourmet Garden products for years. I always have several varieties in my fridge at all times. Why? Well, I don’t have a garden, and I live in Maine where the growing season is pretty darn short. Honestly, I do realize how wonderful it is to be able to cut fresh herbs whenever one wants them, but that’s not my reality. Hence, these Gourmet Garden products have become a staple at my house. Being refrigerated, I find that these products taste very fresh, so in recipes where that’s important, these fit the bill. Also, boosting food flavor with fresh herbs allows me to use a bit less salt—I try not to cook with salt and just salt food lightly at the table if needed. Here are a few more reasons I love them:
- The herbs are harvested, then simply washed, chopped, blended, packed into tubes and kept refrigerated
- The herbs are organically grown and
- The herbs maintain their fresh taste and much of their nutritional content
- The herbs last 3 months in the fridge, or 6 months in the freezer (it doesn’t freeze solid so is still handy)
- They’re a great value (they pack a lot into each tube—3 bunches of basil, 21 pieces of ginger for example)
- There are no spoiled, wasted herbs in my fridge
For more info on how to use Gourmet Garden herbs, as well as recipes and an extensive Q & A about them, check out the company’s website.
Want to win one of 5 coolers, each packed with 11 tubes of Gourmet Garden herb products? Here’s what you need to do…First, “Like” AFH on Facebook AND ALSO “Like” Gourmet Garden on Facebook. Then, leave us a comment below this post (not on Facebook please), telling us how you use herbs to punch up the flavor in your cooking. We know what great cooks you guys are—tell us about it! Enter by Monday, Oct. 8 at midnight. As always, extra credit is always given to our fans who share our posts and giveaways via their social media and those who have signed up for our freebies newsletter.