If you’re an outdoor exerciser (or have a loved one who is), then this giveaway is for you! Road ID is a company that sells very cool ID bands made to order for folks who exercise outdoors and can’t carry typical identification with them. Want to win one of five $35 gift cards for Road ID products? Read on…
How many times have you thought “I should really carry some ID when I go out for my bike rides/walks/runs?” We have, too. Not to be a downer, but the saying “Better safe than sorry” applies here—you never know if or when you might be unable to communicate pertinent information about yourself to police or paramedics.
That’s why we were thrilled to discover Road ID, a company started by father/son team Mike and Edward Wimmer, whose inspiration was “a King Kong size pick-up truck that I nearly came face to face with on a long Saturday run,” explains Edward. Having nearly been hit by the truck, and lying in a ditch, Edward realized why his father was always worried about all the miles he was logging while training for his first marathon. Without any ID nobody would know who he was or whom to contact if anything went wrong. Thus, Road ID was born in the basement of his father’s house. This is the kind of product that most of us don’t even think about needing—but do! Read some of the testimonials on their website for real-life accounts of how Road ID helped folks out when they really needed it. Here are the company’s Top Ten Reasons why you need a Road ID:
- If you can’t speak for yourself, Road ID will speak for you.
- Road ID enables First Responders to immediately contact family members and friends.
- Road ID enables family members to provide additional details about your health or give consent for potentially life saving procedures.
- Road ID enables hospital staff to locate vital medical records.
- Road ID can communicate medical conditions or allergy information to medical staff.
- Road ID can prevent serious delays in treatment by saving crucial time during the “golden hour” of medical treatment.
- It’s far better to have Road ID and not need it than to need Road ID and not have it. It’s not just a piece of gear, it’s peace of mind.
- Accidents happen far more than you think they do. Each year approximately 450,000 of us are taken to hospitals unconscious and without identification.
- Road ID looks good on and makes a statement about your athletic lifestyle (not to mention that studies would probably prove that people that wear Road ID are considerably smarter than those that don’t).
- Road ID can save your Life. Period.
The generous Road ID folks have provided us with five e-gift cards worth $35 each! That’s enough to get a couple of items from their site (they have a variety of safety/visibility/ID gear for active people)! To enter, first and then “Like” Road ID on Facebook, too.